18 June, 2010

WHO DECIDES?




Tell me no lies
Mirror mine
You show me one you call me
But I am confused

Tell me no lies
Mirror mine
You tell me a truth today
And conflict it tomorrow with another

Tell me no lies
Mirror mine
I can’t decide what I am
I see a new image everyday

Tell me no lies
Mirror mine
My questions since days gone by
Can you really answer

Tell me no lies
Mirror mine
Who holds the key
You or another

Tell me please tell me
Mirror mine
Is my worth in what you say
Or the substance that lies in me

Tell me no lies
Mirror mine
Please,
Tell me.


Are you fat or thin? Are you too tall or too short? Are you too dark or too light?
Are your freckles too much or just perfect? Are your teeth not white enough? Are you too gone to be saved or is there hope still for you? Is there anything good about you? What is the mirror you look to to decide about yourself?

It is an everyday experience to be confronted with questions such as this. Questions about yourself; identity. Questions that make you challenge who you are. People with different opinions share their view on who you are and what you should be doing; how well you are faring or how well you aren’t.  some in love, others….well, you know. But all different and confusing anyway.  So we find ourselves faced with situations asking for the substance within. At those timeless points in life when situations demand of us who we are and what we stand for, what do we do? Who do we turn to for answers? What defines us?

How do we know if we are this or that? relativity seems to give endless unsatisfying answers. For there would always be someone more than us or less than us in a field, when relativity sets the standard. But if what we seek is originality, to know what is unique about ourselves,  what do we do. What do we turn to to rate ourselves.  What is the standard?

Who we are and where we are going; where we are and what we should be doing, who decides?

 James 1:25  But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein]...... this man shall be blessed in his deed. 

2Co 3:18  But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord. 

1 comment:

  1. He decides...
    Mirror mine - the perfect law of liberty - the word of God.
    Whoso looketh into... and continues therein...
    That's the only way we can see and know ourselves better. That's the creator's manual for our existence and functioning. Oh, mirror mine, how have this world underrated your significance.

    Adenika, ur a blessing :)

    -LDP

    ReplyDelete